Be careful: It's long...

Our History
Aviendha
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Aviendha » Sun Jul 01, 2001 4:18

I've read your history, and I've noticed a few gaps in the general tapestry of Hobbes's story. Therfore, I will try to clear a few things up, and bring light to new events which until now remained unknown. Read on at your own risk, if you would know the truth.

-I am not Aviendha. Not really. Aviendha was a character in a book I read a few years back. A few years before I ever laid eyes on Freespace. Once I had Freespace, I used her name to start a crusade against what I considered the "dominant" squadrons. The Rough Necks were such a squadron. So were the Angels, for those of you newbies who don't remember them, they were the beat-all end-all of squadrons back when FS2 first came out. And I was not the one who created the name "Freedom Fighter." In truth, my brother (FUR-4th) came up with the name. He was the one who first downloaded the demo from the internet. I noticed the new game one day while surfing around. I tried it out. It was cool. I remember that the first guy I ever played was called TS-Corwin. I doubt he remembers me, but I know I'll never forget that game. Heh. I got my ass kicked. After a time I got better, and as I climbed up the ladder of skill, I watched the release date for Freespace2 draw nearer. As soon as it came out, my brother and I pooled our money and bought the game for $49.99. It was the best 50 bucks we ever spent. After about a month, my brother hooked up with the Angels and I continued to fool around and get better. Dueling was my strong point, and I was pretty good, if I do say so myself. After a while, my brother began to brag, saying that his squadron was the best. Well, his squad was in first place, but I could have turned him on his ass and beat him like a red-headed stepchild if we ever fought in FS. I decided to prove him wrong. I created the Freedom Fighters, and my brother supplied the name. After our first few successes in Squadwar, my brother left the Angels and helped me co-command FF with him posing as the front man (I still don't know how I cinvinced him to use a girl's name like Aviendha). It worked pretty well, until he went off chasing some tail in Denver. Idiot. My brother and I are pretty close. After he left, FS didn't really contain much fun anymore. I decided to leave FF. At the time, I was pretty shy with my internet identity (it was our first computer), but since my everyone thought FUR was running the show, I was cool with it. I didn't mind, but it kinda annoyed me a little. And so when he left, all I had to do was tell everyone that I was moving to Denver. Everyone thought that the FF commander was gone, and I was free to move on to other things. Don't ask me why I lied. I have a flair for the dramatic. That's all the explanation you're going to get. After a while I was drawn back to FS. I decided to join my brother's old squad, the Angels as Fire-4th. It turned out pretty good. They tested me, and asked me to join. But after a few months, things got boring again and the 4ths broke up. I left the 4ths and went solo for a long time. I've had a lot of names since then. Wolfe, Hawk, Calypso...There are about 50 others I won't mention. After a while I began to think about rejoining FF. I didn't want anyone to think I was Aviendha coming back though. Then I would have to masquerade as a guy again, and that just wasn't my idea of a tea party. I joined up as a new recruit under the name of Calypso, soon after changing it to Ladyhawke (One of my favorite movies). I moved out about 3 months later on my 19th birthday into an apartment with my boyfriend. We'd been going out for about 2 years by then. Well, the rest is history. I became TCO, a position I really enjoyed a lot, ended up breaking up with my b/f and accidentally making everyone think I was dead for a few months, and ended up finally leaving FF to join Satan's Soldiers. They were cool, and they have a lot of potential, but I got bored of them (Guess I'm just a restless spirit). I've been going under the name of Aviendha ever since I left them about 3 weeks ago. Hmm....I never really told them I was leaving...I wonder if they've figured it out by now....

The Original Badass:
Aviendha
The Original Badass:
Aviendha

FF-Neo
Cadet
Cadet

Post by FF-Neo » Sun Jul 01, 2001 23:14

:0

Well, u are the Original Badass :0

But I was not 100% shocked when I read that because dare I say we thought twice when AV left and Ladyhawke joined (that was not lead us) but what did was when AV reappeared but why was Ladyhawke absent this death thingy and then AV disappeared Ladyhawke came back :0

I am not pissed off by any means just glad u cleared it up :0

"The Great One" Former FF CO

"The Great One" Former FF CO

FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Mon Jul 02, 2001 13:05

Eh? Aviendha is Lady? Lady is Aviendha?? Whats going on, where are my pills??? I'm really confused now. Nice to know your still around Lady, everyone misses you.

Cern
-=The FF Boss=-

FF-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by FF-Master » Tue Jul 03, 2001 4:43

Whoa FF's beginings sudenly got complicated:D...Hell nice to know that you're both around:D...But I have one question...Why all the complications deceptions?Just wanna know.

In life you'll meet a few winners, and a whole lot of loosers
XO NA WING
FREEDOM FIGHTERS

FF-Hobbes
The Gawdfather
The Gawdfather

Post by FF-Hobbes » Tue Jul 03, 2001 18:23

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT SO EARLY IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAMMIT! I guessed half of that had happened! i had guessed that Lady was Av! and we KNEW that you were av at least part of the time :P so of course, it isn't much of a stretch...

my ancient paranoia was vindicated...

still, thank you for clearing it up, i know i damn well appreciate it. but you know, you coulda trusted us too...

hmm, i don't feel nearly so good about that duel i had wit ladyhawke anymore...

but i was right, you are better than you brother was

Loremaster

FF-Hobbes
The Gawdfather
The Gawdfather

Post by FF-Hobbes » Tue Jul 03, 2001 20:20

now that i think about it some more, im kinda proud...

we achieved all your goals (we did beat the 4th in a sw right before i retired, i remember, i was there)

and, this is another feather in the hat of our counter-intel section i believe... (i was always proud of it <<i promised myself i wouldn't cry>> we almost caught you as ladyhawke... i blame it on LVCM and trusting our founder, things we can't really be held responsible for)

just one question, you never went by the name 'eclispe' did ya?

ooh wait, another one, now what?

Loremaster

Aviendha
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Aviendha » Wed Jul 04, 2001 4:26

Nah, Hobbes, I never went as Ecplise, and as for complicated deceptions...Well, I've never been comfortable with people thousands of miles away knowing who I am. Besides, it's kinda fun making people guess.

The Original Badass:
Aviendha
The Original Badass:
Aviendha

FF-Hobbes
The Gawdfather
The Gawdfather

Post by FF-Hobbes » Wed Jul 04, 2001 18:25

its also somewhat, umm... unfriendly?

here's a list of names that you probably don't know:
Tim King
Ryan Hammond
Steve Gerber
Crystal Aguilera

know these people?
Neo, Hobbes, Steve, and Littlehawk in order.
that 4 at the absolute minimum that should feel a little betrayed by this...
FUCK, Littlehawk NAMED herself after you

im glad we know, but im sorry it had to be this way.
read what we wrote about 'Av'... that shit is what we truly believed...

now im gonna have a lot of work to do, rewriting our history to illustrate the way it truly is...

we trusted you, you didn't trust us, why?

Loremaster

FF-Farrman
Commander
Commander

Post by FF-Farrman » Thu Jul 05, 2001 13:14

hehehe...u might not believe me but i always knew that u were both Av and Lady :)

U both had the same 'typing' style. U would never let your sentances get so long as so that it automatically prints out what u have written so far onto the screen, u always pressed return early and only used half the available line lengths. There were other things too that gave the 'game' away but i never really told anyone coz i never knew Av before i knew Lady....i just knew Av after....and i'm all confused now :)

Freedom Fighter's European Wing CO
Freedom Fighter Tournament Grand Champion

FF-Tyrone
Admiral
Admiral

Post by FF-Tyrone » Fri Jul 06, 2001 20:44

I really don't know what to think.

I never knew Av real good,only met her a few times,but lady,i did.

I have the same question 90% will have...WHY?

I am a little shocked.

Oh,one thing to all readers...

can we please keep this info on this board.
Hate too see this get into the sw community.
Don't let other people get ideas.thnx

FF-Tyrone,
Freedom Fighters Commanding Officer
Freespace 2
-= Ty Rone =-
-= OCFF Thug! =-

kaifas
Ensign
Ensign

Post by kaifas » Mon Jul 30, 2001 5:15

U are really something........u know whoever the hell u are,thus having the need to call u things i dont find frendly i wont tail u into ur low level of being and by so....thank u,we must have been real looser for u.

Salvation is the key but to find it u must turn yourself inside out,and the poison will corrode u and then the way is clear....
Salvation is the key,but to find it you must turn yourself inside out so the poison can corrode you and then the way is clear....

Littlehawk
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Littlehawk » Thu Sep 06, 2001 17:52

I only met Aviendha...you once and that was only for a moment...maybe a game togeather.
I don't remember who it was that recruited me aside from what I said to the recruiter...maybe it was Darkhalf or Farrman. It all seems like a lifetime ago though it has only been a little over a year since I first joined the Freedom Fighters.
I do remember our first trianing session though. We all wanted to just play and were bitching about how boring it was. You got so pissed you were about to give up as TCO...fortunatly you cooled off and didn't.
When I passed my BIT test I was so proud to be able to say that I could kick ass now and you were the reason...proud to be part of a something that was special...in my mind at least. Proud to be your friend and squadmate.
When I heard you had "died" every time I tried to play the game or thought about you...worried about you and hoped you didn't suffer when you 'died'. Last month a friend of mine died from heatstroke and left behind a three-year-old son. Even though I hadn't seen her in over a year I still thought of her as a friend yet I didn't cry at her funeral....I didn't feel anything... Isn't it amazing how I grieved over a person I never met...thought about killing myself...yet a person who I knew...when she died it meant almost nothing. I don't know why it was like that and probly never will...
After you came back we talked of restarting a new squad...resurecting the Scarlet Saints....you left that out of your bio by the way... It was going to be a training wing for the Freedom Fighters in the begining but then well you know. After you 'came back from the dead' it was decieded to make it a seprate squad...one comprised all nothing but girls....then you disapeared again. Next thing I knew you had quit the squad and I never really heard from you.
Your Death caused a rift in the squad and since then it hasn't been the same...felt the same....for me anyways. It's just a game. A game.... No...it's more then that. I'd be lying if I said otherwise. It's people....people telling lies.

Edited by - Littlehawk on 07 September 2001 06:11:43

FF-Hobbes
The Gawdfather
The Gawdfather

Post by FF-Hobbes » Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:23

And life grants to each their reasons and dreams. Should these not be enough, then what is left? That is your choice, and you have chosen. Go with peace.

Loremaster

Hellbat
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Hellbat » Tue Sep 11, 2001 5:04

and life takes its own route <exit stage right>, choices choices..persuing to the final stupitidy....only in the end do we understand......

Cold stacy:( so cold now.......oh there you are stacy:(......

your.....BATSY......goodbye hawksey..

-------
Hellbat-:) YoU GoT ThE PoWeR Of VoOdOo <WhO Do?> YoU DoO!

~THE END~

Edited by - Hellbat on 11 September 2001 05:06:24

FireFish
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FireFish » Sun Nov 11, 2001 4:59

Holy shit man, thats all I can say. Holy shit. But it is true me and Hobbes figured the Calypso - Av connection very early on.... I still remember all those conversations Hobbes.... ahhh the good ole days. Oh yeah wasnt I CO of a special ops Intel wing at one point. Oh maybe I shouldnt mention that here eh? There was a liite Fish a little Killtek, a renegade Skulls squadron.... Oh man so many things going on at once. I remember AV as the person who recruited me. I was playing a user created mission one of my first times on PXO, and I just sat back and whooped everyones ass with trebs, because they didnt take any.... ahh yes.... then AV took me on as her special project and taught me how to fly. That was fun.... Then Rogue finished my initial training. Av referred me to Hobbes and, well, the rest is history. Going along with Hobbes' post, my name is Dan Forman, but please, call me Fish. And I hope to be around here a lot in the near future, I just gotta get my game back. ARRRG!

James
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by James » Mon Mar 04, 2002 5:44

Gee thats nice.. notice how no one mentions the top boys of the good old days of PXO and squadwars.. The Dying Star Alliance! :(

Win10 Pro 64-bit | MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2400
Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz | Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 | Creative SB 5.1 X-Fi