Gmail Email Addresses Banned

NEW USERS START HERE! This forum contains information and announcements made by admin and board moderators.
FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Gmail Email Addresses Banned

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Thu Mar 26, 2009 20:22

Hi guys,

In recent weeks we've been cleaning up posts from bots selling WoW Gold on an almost daily basis. All of the bots I've banned so far have used gmail accounts to login.

For that reason I will be banning the use of gmail on the forums 1 week from today, that will be the 2nd of April for anyone wondering.

If you currently use a gmail account then please go into your user details and change it to another non-gmail email address or you will find yourself being banned when I hit the button.

I've also increased the background noise on the character recognition thingy everyone see's when they first register, this may or may not work. I'm guessing that it wont!
-=The FF Boss=-

FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Re: Gmail Email Addresses

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Thu Mar 26, 2009 20:37

Sent this to all gmail account users.
Hi guys,

If you're recieving this mail then you have registered on the Freedom Fighters forum with a Gmail account.

Sadly to prevent attacks by bots on the Freedom Fighters Forum, from the 2nd of April 2009 all gmail accounts will be banned.

In order to continue recieving access to the FF forums you will need to login before this date and change your email details to a non-gmail address.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this but the amount of bots using this sploit has become pretty bad. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few and all that shizzle!

FF-Cernunnos]
-=The FF Boss=-

FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Re: Gmail Email Addresses

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:05

A bit late but registration using gmail is now banned (fingers crossed).
-=The FF Boss=-