Events

NEW USERS START HERE! This forum contains information and announcements made by admin and board moderators.
Sir Killalot
Odd one
Odd one

Events

Post by Sir Killalot » Wed Apr 17, 2002 23:49

Hello all. You probably all have noticed the upcoming events feature which appears above the forums on the forum homepage. Few days ago I announced my b'day onthere.
This however is not a privilege for moderators only. :!: Everyone can add events to the calender.

Therefor I would like to invite you all to add your own birthday to the calender, and also any other events you would like to show onthere.

One note however :!: :!: :!:
Events added by normal members (i.e. members who are not a moderator) don't show on the calender yet. They need to be validated by a moderator 1st. this to prevent all kind of bogus events by ppl not in FF even. After you have added an event you can ask a moderator to validate it.

That is all for now.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
Terry Pratchett

FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Mon Nov 08, 2004 15:38

I think its about time we started to use this again as I havent seen it being used much in recent months. I've changed the list of moderators for eventposting to match those who are currently running a Division. So...Mick, Nopi, Tyrone, Hammer, ladyAn, The_One and Temp can all post events now.

What are events? Well they can be anything from birhtdays to practises and league games. Post anything you think is going to be of interest to anyone in the community; especially those under your command.

Adding events is easy. Just click on the events banner and you'll be given a new set of options. If your posting something for 1 day only the start and finish date is that day. For example, my birthday is the 5th of January. I click on events on the main BB page then I add an event. I set start and end dates to 5th of January 2005, add a bit of text and a title then follow the buttons through to add the event.

Editing an event is easy too. Go to the calender and click on the date, the actual number, where you just posted an event. Highlight the event in the top box and then click on edit event. The button for validating an event also appears in this area.

Practise a bit...add your own birthdays and if theres any problems then let me know and I'll try and help. So long as you dont delete anything then we can easily fix any problems so dont worry about messing up.
-=The FF Boss=-

FF-Tyrone
Admiral
Admiral

Post by FF-Tyrone » Mon Nov 08, 2004 20:42

Great update peeps... GJ !

And thnx for the explanation
-= Ty Rone =-
-= OCFF Thug! =-