New website data needed from Co's please.

NEW USERS START HERE! This forum contains information and announcements made by admin and board moderators.
FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Sun Jan 04, 2004 17:26

Come on ladies and gents...were almost there.

One last push from a few members and were done!
-=The FF Boss=-

FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Sun Jan 04, 2004 18:42

I'm writting DoD history up. Its not going to be as good as it could be but it will be something at least.
-=The FF Boss=-

Temptation
Sweet Trouble
Sweet Trouble

Post by Temptation » Mon Jan 05, 2004 22:16

Right....

Please make sure my name is Tempiic, and not TempIIC ;)

Division Command is as follows...

CO - [FF]Tempiic
XO - [FF]Kalle
TO - [FF]Anniep

we are using [FF] tags in game thus ;)

As it is now, we got a header from WC3, a picture from STW, and one picture from MTW, but we do not like it really because another clan uses it on their clan site, and it does not capture really FF's general choice in units... We'll try our best to come up with better pictures as this isnt really an option for us ;)

Ummm more info about the leagues we participate in will follow asap too!

FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Tue Jan 06, 2004 0:44

All were waiting for is the MTW League details now.

DoD is done.

CoD is done.

The pictures changing will have to be done in the tweak session this weekend if Herman and James have the time.

So get that stuff in by wednesday at the latest please Nat...preferably tonight or tomorrow though.
-=The FF Boss=-

Temptation
Sweet Trouble
Sweet Trouble

Post by Temptation » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:26

But I love to keep people waiting for me ;)

Sir Killalot
Odd one
Odd one

Post by Sir Killalot » Tue Jan 06, 2004 13:12

Just keep in mind I won't wait for you :wink:
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
Terry Pratchett

Temptation
Sweet Trouble
Sweet Trouble

Post by Temptation » Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:53

Leagues Description

MTW division currently participate in the following leagues:

Clan War Belt
http://www.clanwarbelt.org
Clan War Belt is the first clan-based league organized by for Medieval:Totalwar fans. Each month, The Champions and belt-holders will have to defend the title against a Challenger. To become a challenger, a clan must earn challenger's right by accumulating most points by winning against other clans. The matches show individual skills (with 1x1 games), teamworks (with 2x2 and 3x3 games) and depth of clan (minimum 5 clan members must participate in a match). There are about a dozen of clans registered in CWB, with two to five matches scheduled per month.

The Freedom Fighters lost first two matches but recently won an important match against very well respected clan. The division think we are on the right track now which will enable us to fight at least one championship match in 2004.

Clan War Contests
http://www.clanwarscomp.org
Clan War Contests (CWC) is another clan-based league MTW division participates in. Each season, an elimination tournement is played. A "Seasonal Champion" wins the tournement. Finalists also will participate in year-end Championship match. The CWC matches test the teamwork (4x4 games) and the depth of the organization (due to the number of games played per round).

The Freedom Fighters didn't reach final round in the first three seasons. However, our performances in each round has grown in such a way we can give the more established clans a run for their money more and more convincingly in such a way that reaching to a final round and winning it, has become a reachable goal.

In total 2003 was the year of our succesfull founding in MTW, in that we have participated since our start in 91 official league matches against other clans, of which roughly two-third were played in CWC where we will maintain a strong participation as it turned out to be our primary league. We are confident in what 2004 will bring us...

James
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by James » Wed Jan 07, 2004 20:06

Tempy - if you dont like this new header, you wont get another, just so you're aware! :P

Win10 Pro 64-bit | MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2400
Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz | Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 | Creative SB 5.1 X-Fi

FF-Nopileos
Bamboo Eater
Bamboo Eater

Post by FF-Nopileos » Wed Jan 07, 2004 22:53

As it is now, we got a header from WC3

Whats wrong with a nice wc3 header :P :wink:
"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud."
-Sophocles
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain
"Envy is the most modest shape of recognition"

Sir Killalot
Odd one
Odd one

Post by Sir Killalot » Wed Jan 07, 2004 23:34

lol no more wc3 header for mtw
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
Terry Pratchett

FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:05

Indeed. MTW's banner/header is no longer from WC3.

I think its fair to say that we now have all the text that we need for the web pages. The only things left to do are to alter the MTW league data (thanks Annie, Nat and Darkhalf) and maybe change a few pictures.

Note I said pictures and not headers/banners! James and Herman have worked hard to get the headers/banners to match the games they represent and I personally think they have done a great job.

The site has changed quite a bit since you all last saw it...its looking fantastic.
-=The FF Boss=-

mIcK
Commodore
Commodore

Post by mIcK » Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:08

we aint seen it at all cheif :roll:

Sir Killalot
Odd one
Odd one

Post by Sir Killalot » Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:26

I know. Some ppl accidentally spread the url, which wasn't in the plans :evil: , so now there is a password set to keep peeping toms out.

A little patience plz 8)
Terry Pratchett

Temptation
Sweet Trouble
Sweet Trouble

Post by Temptation » Thu Jan 08, 2004 13:47

Well then I hope when RTW comes around we be allowed to pick our own top banner then, got a nice idea for it ;)

Oh wait, we aint got a wc3 banner now..... what? :) is it a STW one now? ;)

Oh and james, i love you too :P

Sir Killalot
Odd one
Odd one

Post by Sir Killalot » Thu Jan 08, 2004 18:55

Pick your banner? Sounds like you think they come right out of a box...
Actually no division has had any say in their banner up till now, so can't promise you anything 8)

Anyway when RTW comes out we'll 1st have to see what will actually happen with the MTW division eh.

Will the MTW division cease to exist and move into a RTW division?
Will the MTW divsion stay and a new RTW division start alongside it?
Will the MTW division change into a TW division for both MTW and RTW?

Let's worry about that once we get there I'd say cause it all depends on member-interest anyway and you can't rly predict that.
Terry Pratchett

Temptation
Sweet Trouble
Sweet Trouble

Post by Temptation » Thu Jan 08, 2004 23:47

Well I have no clue what really going to happen as this will be the first time FF expands into a successor game, since there was no FS3 and MW5....

Most likely the MTW division will transform slowly into a RTW division, much like how we went from MTW to MTW-VI.... as MTW will die out as most of the vets will move to RTW, and I got the feeling we'll all move to RTW as soon as each of us has a copy of it... I do think however that a TW division organisation would be the most effecient and easiest to use though. So a kind of a MTW division chance into a TW division where the MTW part will die out some time as more of us get into RTW