The board may be unavailable

NEW USERS START HERE! This forum contains information and announcements made by admin and board moderators.
BOFH
Site Admin
Location: Probably sitting at a desk somewhere, making weird complicated network stuff - just because I can

The board may be unavailable

Post by BOFH » Tue Mar 23, 2004 15:23

Hey,

From March, 26th to Tuesday, 30th, the board may be inaccessible due to a move of the DSL line hosting the board. The exact period may be shorter (or even longer), depending on the national Telephony Company, who are installing the line.

I apologize for this, but apparently there is no way around it - as of now, I don't have anywhere else to place the board, but I'll keep searching for options though. :)

/Mark

BOFH
Site Admin
Location: Probably sitting at a desk somewhere, making weird complicated network stuff - just because I can

Update: The board may be unavailable

Post by BOFH » Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:31

I've managed to reschedule the termination of the DSL line until Wednesday. My new DSL line should come up on Tuesday, which hopefully means that the only thing I have to do, is to move the server physically. :)

/Mark

FF-Cernunnos
'Monkey-Man'
'Monkey-Man'

Post by FF-Cernunnos » Wed Mar 24, 2004 21:24

Cheers Mark...your efforts on our behalf are as usual much appreciated! :D
-=The FF Boss=-

BOFH
Site Admin

Server moved

Post by BOFH » Wed Mar 31, 2004 23:10

Hooray,

The server has now been physically moved, and things seem to be running smoothly. :) I believe that the total downtime was around 1 hour or so.

Please notify me of any "accidents" that may show up.

Cheers,
Mark